Carmanah is seeking a Business Development Representative to join our team. If you are a self-starter that works with a sense of urgency, has a keen desire to be an expert in your field and excels at supporting your team and your customers, then we are interested in you!
As a Business Development Representative at Carmanah you and your team will be responsible for sales revenue growth. This position is responsible for enhancing relationships by developing a strong rapport with existing and prospective accounts, making the most of each marketing and sales opportunity by displaying strong technical knowledge and providing a quality customer experience. You will work closely with Carmanah teams to ensure all sales efforts are successful and aligned with operational goals and strategies.
Primary Responsibilities Include
· Responsible for obtaining profitable sales results.
· Grow the international network of Carmanah distributors.
· Develop, maintain and grow client relationships and ensure that they fully understand the benefits of our product lines while ensuring a superior level of customer service.
· Initiate sales activities to stimulate, encourage, establish and develop account relationships.
· Research, identify and directly contact all relevant stake holders, specifiers and buying decision makers at all levels of influence to introduce and market the applicable Carmanah products.
· Monitor government tenders and prepare bid documents in response to applicable tenders.
· Apply a superior level of activity management in identifying and leveraging new business opportunities.
· Provide account management documentation and activity reports to management providing the basis for sales planning.
· Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth understanding of Carmanah’s product lines, including technical specifications, pricing information and competitive products.
· Distribute, coordinate and manage distributor agreements, sales targets, distributor lists, price lists, distributor incentive campaigns, and customer orders.
· Work closely with other members of the sales team to enhance sales effectiveness, internally and externally and to contribute to overall sales development by collaborating with other teams.
Qualifications & Skills we are looking for
· Business to business sales and customer development experience.
· Proven ability to build strong relationships with distributors, partners, and customers with a commitment to service excellence.
· Strong external customer and internal company communication skills.
· Ability to build and maintain a strong level of knowledge on products, as well as an understanding of local competitive market needs.
· Proven ability to suggest or develop creative product marketing programs based on local market needs and cultures.
· Highly proficient with PC business software including, Word, Outlook, Excel.
· An independent self-starter with a sense of urgency and the desire to excel in a competitive environment.
· Fluency in English is required.
Desirable, but not required
· Knowledge of LED lighting and solar industry and affiliated products a definite asset.
· Experience working with sales and marketing tools such as CRM’s etc.
Your application was submitted successfully.